Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Hodges

Default exploding batteries in mp3 player

Chris Hodges wrote:
Me Too. /AOL
MY MP3 player (MSI megastick) runs fine on a NiMH AAA, for almost as
long as it's supposed to on an alkaline. No charging current on USB
though AFAIK - a test may be in order tomorrow in work as I can stick a
thermocouple in there.

I checked this out on mine yesterday. It turned out to be a more
thorough test than I thought as the battery was flat to start with. The
temperature in the battery compartment reached 25 degC (ambient was
20-21), however the battery did not charge enough to switch the player
on even briefly after 3 hours. On this model you have to plug it in to
the USB and then press the button before it works in memory stick mode.

Chris

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk