Posted to alt.home.repair
genalsh

Default How can I tell which end is from power source?

Thanks to all who have answered so far. I will get a test lamp and go
from there. I held off on that because I knew there were all
different sorts of testers, meters, etc. I did have a couple of
people tell me the wiring was copper right after I moved in. They
looked because I bought this place right after I was burned out of an
old cottage with ancient wiring. I guess they only looked at the
breaker box, though. Too bad those peple aren't still around to help
me now. I didn't see any sliver in the 2 splices I can see right now.
I'll add some junction boxes and get that out of the way too and think
about more upgrades later. Better yet, maybe I should find an
electrician to date!

Thanks again,
Gena