Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
BP

Default Installing a bathroom exhaust fan and the proper way to vent it...

I would want to see "the code" that says this.
I think a lot of people are confusing the hack job of pointing the end of
the ducting into a vented soffit, with the proper installation which is to
run the duct out *through* the soffit terminating with a grill or louvered
vent cap.

"gary" wrote in message
That is not done here and I believe it is against code. The moisture in
the winter builds up ice and causes problems in the soffit and with any
wood in there.

wrote in message
oups.com...
" Through the sidewall or the roof. A poor third would be through the
soffit, which may not be code locally. "

I don't know where venting a bathroom fan out the soffit is a code
violation? Here in NJ most homes are done that way and we are about as
regulated as it gets. I don't see anything wrong with doing a soffit
vent.