Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis

Default Flooded Basement

According to :

If your entertainment center and bookshelf are solid wood, and they
still look OK, they should be fine once they dry thoroughly. If
they're MDF or chipboard or some other manufactured wood product,
they're probably shot. Unless you want to cut off the bottom 6" and
just have a shorter bookshelf...

Amy said "Sauter". I think she meant "Sauder" - very large US "kit
furniture" manufacturer. It's fairly nice stuff ... for MDF ...

If she's managed to drain the floor real fast, and put fans
and/or humidifiers around it, she might be able to save it
because MDF is somewhat more resistant to moisture than particle
board and the facing is reasonably good quality.

I rather doubt it but it won't hurt to try.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est