Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
gary

Default Installing a bathroom exhaust fan and the proper way to vent it...

That is not done here and I believe it is against code. The moisture in the
winter builds up ice and causes problems in the soffit and with any wood in
there.

wrote in message
oups.com...
" Through the sidewall or the roof. A poor third would be through the
soffit, which may not be code locally. "

I don't know where venting a bathroom fan out the soffit is a code
violation? Here in NJ most homes are done that way and we are about as
regulated as it gets. I don't see anything wrong with doing a soffit
vent.