Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Beer Guess

Default Installing a bathroom exhaust fan and the proper way to ventit...

Is this DIY job, or better for a contractor's?

Did you do it youself?

I have the same problem with my 5 year old house. I don't know how
building inspector approved it!

yourname wrote:
I have a hard time believing that in actual practice, this

is really an issue. It's done on most of the homes here in NJ that
I've seen and hasn't been harmful.

I've got the fan vented thru the soffit. In cold weather the vented air
condenses quickly making it visible. It's quite obvious that it blows
away
from the house and does not get sucked back into the adjoining vent.

Ya know, last year I put two vents in through the roof. They don't cost
much, don't take long and don't leak. It's just a bad ida to vent them
in the attic period