Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
DJ

Default Straightening twisted floor joists?

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:17:19 -0600, Duane Bozarth

Yeah, I'm expecting to not be pretty. After all, it's had years to get
like this, and undoing it in an afternoon won't be possible.

But at the very minimum we need to stop it from getting any worse. We
have to at least try.

I really don't believe it will get significantly worse unless there is
an actual fault which it doesn't sound like there is . If there's only
some minor settling and a squeaky floor here and there after 20+ years,
it's pretty good indication of no _major_ issue.

Not to be a stickler for detail, but try 30 years,

From the orginal post:

"We live in a small cheap 3 bedroom ranch built in 1976."

DJ