Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Default Straightening twisted floor joists?

I think the lumber was probably not too bad to start with, but the
installation definitely was a problem.
Even with what's going on (as well as some REALLY bad hack-n-slash
plumbing notches which are a whole 'nother story and which we are in
the process of fixing) none of the joists are cracked or checked.
And the ones where enough blocking or bracing was done (under the
kitchen) are still straight even at the beam, even without toenailing
or overlapping, with just that lame plywood piece.

Liz