Jon Anderson

Default Anyone make carbide band saw blade guides?

Steve Smith wrote:

It seems odd to me to use a hard guide. Doesn't this destroy the set on
your blade? I've never used such, just soft guides like cool blocks.

The carbide pads, just like roller bearings, must be set back from the
teeth. One site I found that gave band saw tune up tips recommends the
front edges of the blade guides should be about flush with the bottom of
the gullet.

Looking at my upcoming work schedule I realized I really need this saw
cutting reasonably well by Monday, and since I have plenty of ball
bearings, ball bearing guides it is.
For now.
I'll experiment with carbide when I've got a bit more time to play.

Jon