Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default TV picture from DVD fades in and out??

wrote:
James Sweet wrote:

: That's from the Macrovision copy protection. You can get a little box
: that will remove it from the signal, or you can see if your DVD player
: is hackable to remove it. On my Apex it was a matter of getting into a
: hidden menu and turning the useless stuff off.

Agreed. You need to do a google search for "image stabilizer" and put
one of them in the video line between the DVD player and the VCR.
http://www.checkhere22.com/stabilizer.html is one such device.

b.

Thanks much! I hadn't thought of that. I dug out the little battery
powered digital video stabilizer I bought about ten years ago to let me
copy VCR tapes, put it in the video line between the DVD output and the
VCR input and, "Bob's your uncle!" (Worked great.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)