Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Skype_man

Default Sony PTV Model # KP-46XBR25 Video blinking on/off about once per second

rm502 is quite right about the pix tubes being the cause, but you
MAY be able to "tweak" the EEPROM parameters in the service
menu to get a good grey scale, after the G2 screen adjustments are
set to stop the "famous Sony CRT flash"! Have you guys ever done
a CRT boost on these projection CRT's? If so, have they lasted, &
how do they look after pix wise? Sony CRT's in direct-view units
look pale, & not so good after a boost, although most customers
don't complain, I wouldn't like to watch it after a boost.

I have a Sencore CR-70 rejuvinator, but it only has a socket # 3, # 4.
I haven't tried to boost them yet. I ask you guys, is a there a way to
"work around" the AKB problem? Iv'e seen info about adding resistors
to "tweak" the pix to stay on, even though it isn't as nice a pix, but quite
watchable. Sky.