Greg O

Default Bore gages

"Mike Graham" wrote in message
I've never used a bore gage (dial bore gage, whatever). I've only used
inside mics (of the tubular variety) and telescopic gages. Are bore gages
sufficiently snazzy to make them worth the relatively upper-crusty price
tag? A set of intramics is absolutely out of the question. 8-)

I don't think so!
My experience is the low to mid price bore gauges have poor repeatability,
and the higher quality ones are just too expensive to justify!
I tried a couple of dial bore gauges out a few years back. I ended up
returning them and went back to telescoping gauges.
Greg