Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default OT dangerous dogs

"MrAnderson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Paul, Be sure that the dogs are a real threat before you shoot them. I
own german shepherds and they are docile pets.. But some people have
a bad image of GSD's and I believe a gun happy parent could be capable
of shooting them if they ever got out of the yard. Be a good neighbor
and try to locate the owners. Let them know that their dogs are
showing agression.

Just remember that these things can escalate out of control. The owner
of these dogs might be similarly armed.

Don't call law enforcement after _you_ have broken the law, and don't tell
them what contempt you have for the law in question.

Though I hate the term, the shooter sacrifices all "moral authority" when he
presumes a danger for which there is no confirmation. He also loses any
sympathy he might have had from the authorities when he begins his lecture
on how children are more precious than any dog.

Check the heat of the responses so far, think of how little has actually
been said, and then remember that the officer that answers your single
complaint has heard it all more times than there are responses in this
thread.