Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

Default Window Pane Cracking

"Pinot Grigio" Someone@somewhere wrote in message
A large double-glazed window has developed a crack from one corner about 12
inches toward the centre of the window.

The heat and cold is making the crack grow longer.

What can I do to stop the crack travelling further. Cellotape probably
won't work because of condensation.
I can't get the window fixed for at least 6 weeks.

You can buy clear window repair tape for exactly this job. My local
ironmonger carries it. It won't stop the crack spreading, but it will seal
it, it will hold the bits together until you can get it repaired and it
won't fall off. You do have to make sure that the glass is clean and dry
before applying it though.

Colin Bignell