Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

Default Ripple Control - why not in the UK?

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:33:09 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:56:56 GMT, wrote:

The power station was fitted with two Rolls Royce "aircraft type"
engines.

Go visit one again:
http://www.internalfire.com/modules....owpage&pid=136

And that's a _Bristol_Siddeley_ Proteus, not a Rolls-Royce
Some people in this town still care!

Hmm you don't live in Derby then? :-)

Your link shows the Proteus being rated at 3.2MVA which is a bit
confusing as I seem to recall the Proteus being used on the 17MW sets
commonly used on the late 60's 500MW coal and oil fired sites. Maybe
they stacked them (x4) but I can't recall that arrangement.

Other sites used Avon's (in pairs to produce 28MW) single Olympus
(35MW) and dual Olympus (70MW)