Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AL

Default Riding a Pallet Jack

Back in high school, I worked at a grocery store and it was standard
procedure to sit on the electric pallet jack, pull down the handle (it won't
go if the handle is up) and then drive it around. Steering required you to
extend your arm a bit, but you got used to it quick. We did it all the
time. I've noticed that modern electric pallet jacks have the area above
the battery either slanted or very narrow, probably to discourage sitting.

"SteveB" wrote in message

"JWho" wrote in message

"Bob Gentry" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:08:46 GMT, "JWho" wrote:

After seeing a few pallet jack posts, I wanted to ask if anyone else
has
ever ridden a pallet jack?

Thanks.

Yupp :-o

Used to have pallet jack races (timed course) during lunch in the
warehouse. (back in my younger days )

Enough effort in the driving action (feet on the forks, hands on the
lift handle and a back and forth handle action) and you could make it
get-up-and-go.

I Know, I know, not real safe, and I've still got a scar on my shin to
prove it. t'was fun though.

Bob

DOH! We never thought to have timed races. I did the weave back and
forth
to get it going thing, though. :-) It was indeed fun.

The electrics are a lot more fun. g

Steve