Posted to alt.home.repair
Sawney Beane

Default blinds and curtains?

yourname wrote:

Sawney Beane wrote:
My windows have horizontal mini blinds as well as curtains
with valence boxes. The windows have two layer of glass.

On a cold night, what's a good way to reduce heat loss through
the windows? Do the blinds make much difference?

In summer it can pay to reflect sunlight hitting east and west
windows. Vinyl blinds let some light through and probably
absorb some. Is there a better way to reduce solar heating
through windows?

My multi cellular blinds insulate well enough to ice up my low e 3/4
inch space thermopane windows on very cold days.

At night on clear nights anything covering the windows will slow the
tranfer of heat from your body to pluto.

Cellular blinds... it looks interesting. I'll have to look
for information on how they stand up to sunlight and repeated
raising and lowering.