Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Putting expanding foam into electrical outlet

I am trying to add several outlets along the power cords's lenght. (For
each tree)
wrote:
On 17 Nov 2005 05:32:43 -0800, wrote:

Can I take my metal box and mig weld in all the holes where it could
leak?

You want to make an extension box, for the end of your ext cord right?
Why not just use a power strip?
Then get one of those small plastic tubs or even an ice cream pail
with a lid. Plug in all your things, stick the powerstrip into the
box or pail - cut a small knotch in the side for the wires and put the
cover on. Ducttape can be used to seal around the wires and hole..
You can buy a power strip for less than the box and outlets and stuff
you are trying to rig up.

I should note that I have seen OUTDOOR power strips that have a spike
that goes into the ground, specifically made for Christmas lights.
They have 6 outlets (if I recall). I think the cost was $9.99 at
Walgreens. I know this because last year after Christmas they had 50%
off all Christmas stuff and I was going to buy one of them for $5 for
when I do outdoor construction, but the cheap *******s told me that
was not a 50% off item, so I told them where to stick it.