Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lbbss

Default Sony voice recoder: Everything works except Recod feature?

I have a Sony voice Digital recorder ICD-B25. I tried using a phone
recording cable on it, and after that the record feature did not work.
This cable has a phone jack on one side and a regular male jack to
fit in the mic input. I bought the cable on ebay and the ad mentioned
you can use it with a micro cassette recorder. I asked the seller if
it can be used on a digital recorder, he said he does not know. Is
it possible that this cable wrecked my recorder? anything else I can
try? thanks for your input.