Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

Default OT dangerous dogs

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:33:15 -0600, Tom Banes wrote:

The odds that your neighbor will sue for emotional distress,
depravation of companionship (who knows what he did with the dog?),
etc are very high.

Hence the "shut up" part of the 3 S's, yes.

In any case, your "trusty" SKS is a BAD choice. It is not trusty (it's
a HOS),

It depends. I have a 1950 Russian SKS that has never had a problem.
Chicom crap, yeah, not so good.

it fires (if it fires without blowing up)

Sorry, not a fair claim. I don't know that the SKS has a reputation for
KaBooms.

an FMJ round that
will put a knitting needle hole in a dog (doesn't stop or kill),

Winchester, Remington, and several others manufacture a variety of ammo
for this caliber. It's about as effective on deer-sized creatures as a
..30-30.

and
the house behind it and anything in between. Shotgun, #1 buck, as many
wild dogs on my property (600 AC) can (or could) attest is the
requisite medicine.

I'm a fan of #8 shot, myself, but haven't had to do the dog thing.
Works fine on coons, though.

WTH is this doing on this NG????? Why am I responding??? Aggggh!

Yeah, I thought for a while I was in misc.rural until I checked the
headers. Was confused why someone would bring up firearms ordinances in
a rural context. But, most guns have wood stocks, so there ya go.