Old Nick

Default AA battary capacity, Ah (?)

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:34:24 +0000 (UTC), (Dave
Martindale) wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

PMFJI. You sound as if you are addressing the questions I have.

I have a couple of little Uniden walkie-talkies, that take 4 X AAA
cells. They chew out the cells fairly fast, so I bought NiCds. No go.
The radios appear to have trouble dealing with the lower voltage. I
reckon they are trying to grab max volts to get Tx power up, and
probably should have had an extra battery. Rechargeable ALkalines
worked fine, but as you say deteroriate rapidly.

Sorry. Question. Are NiMH cells better in this regard? I am ringing
battery houses, and one guy said they were. I assume this would be
because they have lower internal resistance. Is this so? I got the
impression the guy knew more about _batteries_ than I do, but less
about electrical theory G

Next G. One shop had several AH capacities, at different prices
(actually they were the only ones to explain this, and will get my
custom). Are there any advantages/disadvantages to getting the lower
capacities, if this means they get discharged better etc?

Thanks for any help. Sick of buying expensive "special" chargers that
then gather dust.

This is really just demonstrating that alkalines aren't suitable for
your digital camera - too much internal resistance.

Huh! Old age!. You may hate it, but let me tell you, you can't get by for long without it!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )