Old Nick

Default filters & eye strain

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:07:53 -0700, "Kenneth Emmert"
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

I find it hard to believe that 1/20000 of a second is going to do the
damage. I wonder if it's that what you suggest simply makes you blink,
which has been suggested as a good way to stop eye fatigue under
concentrating conditions.

Same result, but if the autohelmets are causing problems, then this
needs serious investigation IMO.

"Sam" wrote in message
. com...
hi there,

i have never been flashed yet knocking on wood in the few weeks i've
been welding but after a exceptionally longe period of welding this
weekend (where i used around 25 7014 rods) my eyes feel a bit
strained.

my eyes dont hurt...they just feel different.a bit like when you ve
stayed up all night using the internet.

I have had the same problem using an automatic darkening helmet. Even
though it darkens in 20,000 th of a second. So I started blinking as I
initiated the arc. Guess what I no longer have eye problems!!!

Ken

Huh! Old age!. You may hate it, but let me tell you, you can't get by for long without it!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )