Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

Default OT dangerous dogs

In article , wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:50:03 -0600, Duane Bozarth

wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Besides - he's in Texas. If he were in California or some new-england
state, people might get ****y about bang-bang noises. But, regardless
of where you are, it's never ethically wrong to value your kids over a
threatening dog.

OP didn't ask about a perceived ethical problem and from the tone I have
no doubt he'll take action as seems appropriate. He asked about the
legality of that action (albeit in a funny place to ask for ng topic and
that as Charley says, "we ain't there" so he would be better advised to
ask in his local jurisdiction what rules he's playing under...

I just can't see why there's even a question.

Never hurts to know what the law actually says in a situation one
envisions as being possible to occur. "The law" isn't always what seems
to make sense...

Like hell. As Dave said, my kids' safety outweighs the neighbor's dog. You do
what you have to, to make sure your kids are safe. Worry about the legal
niceties later, after their safety is assured.

--
Regards,