Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self

Default OT dangerous dogs

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:50:03 -0600, Duane Bozarth wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Besides - he's in Texas. If he were in California or some new-england
state, people might get ****y about bang-bang noises. But, regardless
of where you are, it's never ethically wrong to value your kids over a
threatening dog.

OP didn't ask about a perceived ethical problem and from the tone I have
no doubt he'll take action as seems appropriate. He asked about the
legality of that action (albeit in a funny place to ask for ng topic and
that as Charley says, "we ain't there" so he would be better advised to
ask in his local jurisdiction what rules he's playing under...

I just can't see why there's even a question.

I can't either. His neighbor has a dog he doesn't like. He doesn't
state why, but postulates some incidents from unrelated dogs...at least
as far as he covers it. He has two kids. OK. If the dog comes in the
yard and threatens the kids, shoot it. But so far, he has two kids and
a neighbor's dog he doesn't like and no incident at all, just a
question.

Let him call the local cops and postulate the same question. Certainly,
I'd prefer shooting a dog to having my kids mauled, but so far he has
no established justification, at least so far as he states, for even
worrying about the dog entering his yard, never mind threatening his
kids.

It probably will differ in Texas from, say, NY or CT, or RI or similar
places where pistol licenses are required just to own a pistol.