Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

Default OT dangerous dogs

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:38:27 -0700, Charles Spitzer wrote:

"Paul Brumman" wrote in message

We had some high profile dog incidents in the neighboring county. I
have two kids, 6 and 2, and am wondering. If, let's say, a neighbor's
dog wanders in our yard and starts growling at my children, in a
threatening manner, would it be legal to just take my trusty SKS and
shoot the dog wile it is trespassing on my property?

call your local police and ask them. we're not there.

That's strange advice. If an animal threatens my kids, legality and
whatever else doesn't enter into it. You stop the threat, period. It
keeps coming up here, but "The 3 S's" apply in this case - shoot,
shovel, and shutup. There can be no legality or subtle whatever going
on here, my kids outweigh the neighbor's dog, period.

Besides - he's in Texas. If he were in California or some new-england
state, people might get ****y about bang-bang noises. But, regardless
of where you are, it's never ethically wrong to value your kids over a
threatening dog.