Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default Carbide threading insert questions

According to Steve Smith :
I sent this once before, but it doesn't seem to have made it to the
newsgroup.

I saw it, and I spent some time typing a followup. Perhaps you
need to go to Google to pick up things which your news server drops --
either drops because of a sort expire time, or it just never got there.

Google does archive everything on usenet.

I don't really feel like re-typing all of what I posted.

There are lots of threading inserts, and the several catalog pages I've
looked at to try to understand them don't do a very good job. The
turning inserts make a lot more sense than the threading ones.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564