Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JWho

Default Riding a Pallet Jack

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"JWho" wrote: After seeing a few pallet jack posts, I wanted to ask if
anyone else has ever ridden a pallet jack?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You mean like a scooter? It's fun, but the steering can be very abrupt if
you're not careful. DAMHIKT

Yes, like a scooter. I once worked at a plant on 3rd shift (no big wigs
around), and a couple of us got good enough to occasionally get it going,
then whip it around on the slick concrete floor for a 180 and back it under
a pallet. We also had an "upper plant" division connected by a long sloped
bank (so a fork lift could go up it). Pushing as fast as you could, then
hitting the down ramp for more speed was a blast! Watch that first turn,
though! :-) It was definitely faster than "hop off and run it out if
something happened speed". I always warned the forklift driver that I was
going for a run. Safety first. :-)