Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan

Default Ripple Control - why not in the UK?

"John" wrote in message

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Jonathan
writes

Seeing as more and more people seem to have radio teleswitches these days
turn off-peak on and off, I was wondering (as the frost hardened outside)
why we don't have this system here?

Prolly because most people have gas or oil central heating

Last UK white meter box I looked in had a remote operated (via supply
cable signal?) off-peak switching module which is controlled by the supply
company.

If we're talking about the UK system, it's done by timecodes in Radio 4's
Long Wave signal.

Whats the problem?

With what?

Sounds like this guy

Which guy?

is trying to pump his mates

Huh?!? You're losing it/me!

business without doing some basic homework

Am I missing something you haven't quoted here?!? I am TOTALLY lost!
Explain!
How did we get from ripple control to homework??