Posted to alt.home.repair
Mrs Bonk

Default Toilet flush tube Problem

Jan wrote:
Dear Mrs. Bonk,

Thanks for letting me know of your experience. For a while, I thought I
was the only one with this problem. I do not know of anyone in my area
who has encountered this.

My initial idea was to see whether anyone had tried dismantling the
pipe from the bowl spud and then reconnect after replacing the faulty
nuts and/or washers (if this was the problem in the first place).
I will certainly try using the sealant and jubilee clip if I don't hear
from anyone else.

I am wondering if your toilet is different to mine. I have no washers or
nuts in the area you suggest. My flush pipe goes into the rear and is held
by a rubber, despite renewing the rubber the pipe still jumped out or the
rubber leaked,hence the jubilee clip. I suspect your pipe goes into some
type of fitment on the toilet? If so my advice is probably worthless.
Good luck with it anyway dear.