Ted Edwards

Default AA battary capacity, Ah (?)

lcoe wrote:

Ted, or anyone, i bot a RShack "Auto Sensing" model (for ni-cad and lithium).
the manual and box says, "automatically senses full charge and shuts off".
further, in the manual it says, '`...charge only fully discharged cells...'

That's a bad sign. A smart charger should be detecting end of charge by
watching for delta-V (a slight drop in voltage). I am concerned that
they say NiCd and lithium (what lithium?) but do not mention NiMH.

another feature is a "backup" fixed timer, 1.5hr for nicad, 2.0 for lith.
it's RS model 23-405, 50% off recently. it's heavy, brick shaped, but
is it really fully automatic?

Personally, I would not go for it. Sounds wrong.

Ted