Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

Default Moderated group thought.

On 17 Nov 2005 06:10:46 +0100, "Vito Kuhn"
wrote:

You're a dishonest human being, Dingley. I CHALLENGE you

Ooh ! Surnames and ALL CAPITALS ! He's frothing at the mouth now.

I supposedly proposed moderation to THIS GROUP.

You proposed moderating the group. For simple technical reasons it's
impractical to do this post facto to an existing group in rec.wood's
state, so you wrote the RFD as "rec.woodworking.moderated" You were
thoroughly slapped down over that, so you went away and wrote another
one as "rec.woodworking.all-ages" Even after you enlisted the
fictional Stromboli clan to rig the vote for that one it was finally
slapped down. Eventually you went far enough over the horizon to create
a whole new top-level hierarchy, at which point many people simply
stopped caring.

Then _exactly_ as many wiser people had told you would happen, this all
turned into a trollpit. fam.* is a total and utter failure for any
interpretation of "cleaned up usenet".

So what _have_ you achieved ?

You've made some shiny new trollpens.

You've made yourself look an idiot.

Most of all, you've filled rec.woodworking with a rolling troll party
and stuck a perfectly functional newsgroup high on the troll radar, to
the detriment of all concerned. Overall your contribution to the sum of
world happiness is profoundly negative.

For anyone who cares, this guy even has his own Kook FAQ
http://www.kookology.info/frito/