Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default Congress OKs Gun Industry Lawsuit Shield

In article , Dave Mundt says...

And it happens all the time. When I was in high school,
we read McBeth in the English class. I was annoyed, but, not
really surprised (having had a healthy disrespect for authority
for many years already) to find that the Porter's Scene was
completely excised. I took rather too much pleasure at taking
MY copy of Shakespeare's works to school that day, and, not only
pointing out to the teacher that the scene was gone, but, reading
it out loud to the class!

No kidding. I have an unexpurgated version of "All Quite on the
Western Front" which starts out quite differently than the
usual one read in classrooms.

All the soldiers are sitting on open-air ****ters, playing
cards.

Ms. Wiles, who was quite a nice person, tried to smooth
it over, but, in retrospect, I think the fact that she did not make
any serious effort to shut me up may have been a hint that she
did not entirely like the censorship herself.

Funny about that too. The folks who are in charge of controlling
the informatin flow, sometimes aren't all that keen on censoring
it....

Jim

please reply to: