Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Conservatory Heating

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Christian
McArdle writes

It was my understanding that only the Loline (heating only model) has a
built in thermostat, whilst the Hiline requires an external one. Am I
mistaken?

I belive the Slimline also has a thermostat. It is also suitable for many
conservatories, as it can often be fitted on the narrow strip of brick

wall
between the door into the house and the frame.

We have a single glazed Victorian conservatory, there is a rad in there,
fitted by a previous owner, but we have turned that off as it would just
be waste having it on all the time and it's to slow to heat up the
space.

But fitting a one of these fanned heaters would be possible option. As
it is long thinner shape along the side of the house we have plenty of
house wall space, ( as well as low down space on the conservatory wall -
but the pipe runs would be longer)

So any suggestions as to which is better, high mounted blowing down or
lower mounted blowing into the room (I sort of feel that the former
seems better)

Lower mounted blowing across the floor. Hot air rises. Some high mounted
units don't blow hard enough to get to the floor, before the hot air starts
to rise up.