Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How long for wet firewood to dry?

6 weeks ago I bought 2 cords of oak firewood that was seasoned for a
year supposedly. I think that seems legit, as the guy seemed fairly
trustworthy and does a good amount of local business. Due to many
reasons, I never got a chance to stack it when he dropped it off. We
had nearly a month of heavy rain here in the Northeast and it was
getting soaked the entire time. I finally got it stacked and covered
about 10 days ago. It is hard starting in the fireplace, and
smokes/sizzles a lot.

2 questions, would this be more likely the exposure to rain? and if so,
how long should it take to dry out now? Thanks.