Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ridgid belt sander.

Robatoy:

All I can say is.... crap. I always get my hope up when someone that
knows how to use a tool tries out something that has a spark of hope.
I would love for someone, anyone to make a good tool these days.

*Sigh*

For me, I still have three belt sanders that work well. An older
Rockwell (yup, the red wreath and black lower case "r" are on it), a
new model of that one that is an older PC, and my favorite, a 22 year
old HItachi that was made in Japan. That thing is an unstoppable
brute, and it is the one that I use to sand cabinets, display cases,
etc. if needed.

I was hoping for a good report as I know these old horses can't last
forever.

I have had great luck with all my Milwaukee tools, which you indicate
you have a few. Have you ever tried their belt sander?

Inquiring minds are wondering. Oh yeah, and thanks for posting an
honest review. You probably saved me more than a few hours of ****ed
off frustration of trying that sander out. I figure if a solid surface
man can't make it work, what chance does a carpenter have? (I am being
serious here... I know you guys use them all day long, and me only as
needed).

Robert