Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

Default Cold radiators again

Crewood wrote:

A few months ago I posted because one or two radiators on my systems
never got warm, many helpful replies told me how to get the system
balanced and this cured the problem.

Now it's happened again but this time most of the radiators are cold
but the hot water from the taps is almost boiling. It's normally the
other way round. The pump is very hot to the touch as well.

I have a solid fuel Parkray Chiltern fire and boiler unit, could the
system need balancing again or is it possibly something else this
time.

Any help would be most welcome as it's turning very cold.

CC

Is it a gravity hot water and pumped central heating system. If so, it
sounds like the pump has seized. If it's a gravity system, the HW doesn't
use the pump, and won't be affected.

Take the end cap off the pump and see whether it is rotating. If not, turn
it off, and try to free it with a screwdriver. (There should be a slot for
the purpose in the end of the shaft). If that doesn't work, you'll need a
new pump.

If, against the odds, it's a fully pumped system, come back and tell us what
zone valves, stats, etc. you've got - and we'll think again!
--
Cheers,
Set Square