Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Taylor

Default joining cores of multicore cable for beter ampacity

"gentlegreen" wrote in
message k...

"Peter Taylor" wrote in message

Just pointing out that instead of typing 1.5mm^2 or 1.5(sq)mm you can
type ² by holding down the Alt key while typing 253 on the number pad on
the right of the keyboard like this: 1.5mm². 252 is cubed ³, 248 is
degrees ° and 171 is ½. There's lots more.

ooh I don't know ... I don't reckon you'd get away with that in some
places - uk.misc for instance - strictly 7 bit, no smilies etc !

Thanks for the reminder - persuaded me to add "fr.rec.bricolage" to my
subscribed groups :-)

Mon plaisir, mon petit chou-chou! Not everybody knows about it though, do
they? We all had to learn it at some stage.