Posted to alt.home.repair

Default black pipe for water

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
wrote:

Greetings,

I recently purchased a house which has had some of its galvanized water
pipe replaced with black pipe. I know that the work is new because
there are bar codes all over the pipe. I know that this is "not
good" but I would like to have some notion of how bad it is before I
decide whether or not to replace the pipe with galvanized.

Did you have the home inspected before you bought it? If you did, did
the inspector pick up on that black iron piping?

Wouldn't suprise me if your answers were "yes" and "no" respectively.
There are a more dummies bearing the credentials of home inspectors than
there are knowledgeable persons doing a good job for what they are
charging trusting home buyers for.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Greetings,

I purchased the house "as-is" without an inspection and without
homeowner's insurance.

Hope this helps,
William