Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert

Default Technics SA5760

Just got into this beast, a 165 wpc receiver from late 70's. Symptoms:
no power out to the speakers. When first put onto the bench, it worked,
but took a long time to kick out of protect, and one channel was
intermittantly noisy even with volume down...no significant DC on the
outputs.

Now, nothing...although signal present on tape outs.

I really could use a schematic for this monster, but poking around
reveals a couple of burned (but not open) resistors on the main board:
R-686 & R-687; both 22k 1/4 watt units, and both adjacent to R-708, a
270 ohm 5 watter which appears to get inordinantly hot. These parts
seem to be associated with TR-707, 701 & 702.

Like I said, I could really use a schematic for this relic, although if
someone is familiar with it, I could be 'walked through....' I recently
acquired it from the friend, to whom I sold it over 25 years ago when I
was a stereo dealer. It was blowing speakers, although from the telling
of the story, that appeared to be 'operator error'.

jak