Posted to rec.woodworking
BobS

Default Freud Router/Table Combo

I also have the early version of the Freud router and it's done everything
I've asked of it, including swinging some 3" dia bits for making cabinets.
I went with the Jessem Rout-R-Lift http://www.jessem.com/rout_r_lift.htm and
built my own table. I also built the fence Pat Warner designed (and sells)
that was in FWW a few years back http://www.patwarner.com/routerfence.html
and it's been great.

I've had my hands on the Freud fence (last year) and unless they have made
some improvements on it, I would not buy it. Good idea (from Pat Warner's
most likely) but lousy implementation. Very hard to adjust and was way
overpriced.

Take a good look at what Jessem has to offer and Lee Valley if you want a
ready made solution. I think your budget may be shy a few buck but you'll
get a far better product all around.

Bob S.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All.

I posted awhile back asking questions about purchasing a router and
table
(http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.wo...819cf0187f900c
)
I have up to $600 to spend (Canadian).

While i was leaning towards Hitachi or DeWalt or PC, I found the
following and wanted to get opinions:

Home Depot has the following on special right now for $499.99:

Freud 3 1/4 Plunge Router:
http://store.yahoo.com/freud-tools/freudft2000e.html

and the table:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...e=dealtime-dah

Questions:

- Does anyone have any comments on these?
- Does this seem like a good deal?
- The comments on Amazon are mostly negative, which isnt a good sign -
they say its very difficult to change bits, the plunge router is stuff,
etc. Any comments on these?

Thanks!