Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

Default Top 10 Reasons NOT to SPAM us

In article , David
wrote:

Mike is definitely one of the nicest guys around, SM. He spent a lot of
his time helping me out some time ago. He went way beyond the "call of
duty", so be NICE!

Since I started hanging out in the wreck I've seen brilliance leave,
brilliance go off the political deep end, Troll and Kook attacks that
people should have known better than to respond to, newcomers attacked
for little cause when a gentle, welcoming, remonstration would have
been more appropriate, and newcomers barge in and decide they could
"clean the place up" by attacking the core community that make this
news group interesting, fun and worth following.

I don't imagine it's gonna change soon...

All it takes is lurking for a while to learn who is worth listening to,
and who isn't.

All it takes is lurking for a while to learn what topics have been
discussed to death, and are worth searching groups.google.com for to
learn if there's anything new to say.

All it takes is lurking for a while to learn that this is a real
community, with real people populating it, who really give a damn about
woodworking and their/our community.

Some people need to lurk more.

--
"Wherever there is a jackboot stomping on a human face there will be a
well-heeled Western liberal to explain that the face does, after all, enjoy