David A. Webb

Default Oxygen Tank's valve thread sealer

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 02:55:53 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote:

I looked on the Compressed Gas Association's site- all the good stuff
is pay per view. :-(
The CGA is The Source for medical O2 info- other regulatory agencies
pretty much rubber stamp CGA guidelines.

I called CGA. Since I was not a paying member, I was basically told
to go fly a kite. After I explained that my boss would gladly buy
their big expensive handbook if it contained information pertaining to
the subject in question, I got a little help.

I was told that they don't specifically address thread sealers on
aluminum medical oxygen tanks.

I was also told to call back next Friday and speak to the medical gas
God, because he is on vacation until then. If there is anything in
print anywhere about thread sealers, he should know where it is.

Dave