Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default Lawyers gone wild in the grade school science fair

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:37:13 -0600, Jon Elson wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

Google for "radioactive boy scout". From all indications from reliable
sources (snopes, etc) it's a legitimate report.

That was NOT a science fair project.

Yes, I know. But this is Usenet. Topic drift happens.

But, I'm sure some radioactive
projects
that were commonplace in the 1950's would be an NRC violation today.
A friend of mine built a cloud chamber in his basement when we were
barely teens, and bought the needle with the radioactive material on the
tip at the local hobby store. Hmmm, even the dry ice and alcohol would
be a problem today!

Let's see...the 2 liter bottle thing would probably be called an
"improvised explosive" today, right?