Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default central heating optimiser

wrote:

I was looking for a very simple optimiser "timer" control panel that
can be fitted to a domestic gas powered central heating system.

It is a combi - instant hot water boiler.

The optimiser will be to replace an existing standard timer clock that
is separate from the boiler.

Most of the optimisers that I have come across are either too complex
or expensive.

What do you mean by 'optimiser', and what have you looked at?
What I recall was gizmos sold many many years ago to prevent (or reduce)
boiler cycling, but this shouldn't occur with a properly designed system to
current standards.