Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

Default Bearing Oil

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:33:40 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , nightjar
writes

I spent more than a decade making and repairing industrial clocks.

And what sort of RPM are we talking about

The last one I looked at was around 16 poles so 400rpm ish carrying
next to bugger all load of any description but for some obscure reason
those *do* get buggered if lubricated with light oil - probably I
reckoned to the lack of sealing and a slighly dusty environment.

Anything much bigger like car radiator fan motors (and probably boiler
fans) thrive on having the bearings soaked in a light oil for a few
days.