tiggy tiggy is offline
Junior Member

Location: Nova Scotia
Default Moffat Dryer not getting any heat

Hi, we have a Moffat Extra large capacity 5 cycle dryer, model WEIIM23 7278 serial RBXR353E75WW Unit #6. Two days ago while drying cloths, the heat stopped. We have a breaker box, no fuses. I have shut off the breaker for the dryer and then turned it back on but still no heat.

At this point, I'm wondering if there is anything else that I can do? It was suggested that I take the back off and check the wires to see if any of them burnt off or are stripped. I believe other than that I'm going to have to have to replace the heating element. Can anyone confirm this? I'm really homing to be able to fix this myself for a reasonably low price. I'm open to any suggestions at this point.

Thanks,
Robert Tighe