Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N Cook

Default UK / USA Tool Terminology Translator

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
(Mark Zenier) writes:

In article om,
wrote:
OK, what about breadboards. Back when regular people did home built
projects they would use a breadboard for prototyping. Holes at .100"
with busses going in one direction in the middle and perpendicular at
the sides.

Some of us go back far enough that perf board had the .166(?) inch
diagonal pattern. And flea clips. Before that, it was a hunk of

Been there.

sheet metal, a Greenlee punch, and terminal strips and sockets you
scrapped out of old TV sets.

Been there too. Still have a collection!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above

is

Then there's it's predecessor, the "Fastentock" clip I believe it was
called.

Fahnstock, or something close to that.

Mark Zenier

so another pair