Posted to alt.electronics
Bob

Default 24Hr/7 Day timer

The disk must be very slow moving so a stepper motor would have to be put
through a gearbox I guess (perhaps as high as 250:1).

Is there any circuit diagram on the internet that you could recommend for
this application?

Bob

"John Fields" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:21:55 +0000 (UTC), "Bob"
wrote:

I have a project that requires turning a plastic disc (about the same

size
as a CD) through 360 degrees in 7 days or 24 hours using a battery

powered
system of some sort. The smaller and cheaper the better! Can anyone

suggest
the best way I should approach this problem?

---
Something like a 4060 with a couple of switchable crystals on the
front end eventually driving a stepping motor would do it, but what
kind of resolution are you looking for at the disc? 1°? 0.5?

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer