Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Moderated group thought.

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:00:22 -0600, George Max
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:11:03 -0500, "Wanda Pangborn"
wrote:

Just a thought as I was considering the rude individuals mentioned earlier.
Why don't you guys moderate your group?

I used to post to a moderated group for plus size women and it was a
godsend, as you can imagine the kind of trolling that was attempted. You
just need a really fair and dedicated moderator, which I know is easier said
than done. Moderators have to be level headed and leave their egos at the
door.

Anyway, just a thought. Thanks again for all your help.

Wanda

Two moderated woodworking groups are www.sawmillcreek.org and
www.woodcentral.com if you'd like to take a look at what a moderated
group looks like.

and they are just fine. woodworking.com is another. nothing at all
wrong with them. but they already exist. anybody here who can't handle
the wreck is free to pop over to the creek. different strokes and all
that. there is no need to turn rec.woodworking into anything else.

I've been coming around rec.woodworking for a long time, mostly
lurking, sometimes posting. I doubt anyone will ever go along with
moderating it. Just my 2 cents.