Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Default Ridgid belt sander.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Unless it's the Bosch jigsaw. I have mixed feelings about what you've written.
As I get older, I'm more inclined to try to buy better tools. I still have to
balance bang for the buck with just bang though... since I haven't won the
lottery yet. I am highly cognizant of the fact that one enjoys cheap tools only
on the day he purchases them.

Building a fiberglass boat exposes tools to more abuse in a month than
most woodworking applications will in a year.

Fiberglass and fairing putty dust are unbelievably abrasive.

As a result, cheap tools are doomed to failure in my application.

Lew